Great Ocean & Otway Classic Ride 2017
The Amy Gillett Foundation is hoping to raise at least $20,000 from the Amy’s Ride Victoria 30km distance attached to the 2017 RACV Great Ocean & Otway Classic Ride.
By taking part, you are directly helping the profound work of the Foundation to make bike riding safer in Australia. You will help the Foundation to:
- deliver policy based campaigns nationally to help change behaviour of all road users, such as “it’s a two way street”;
- achieve minimum overtaking distance legislation “a metre matters” in all jurisdictions across Australia;
- extend our cycle safe communities and bike rider education programs; and
- improve legal and regulatory protection for bike riders.
Amy Gillett Foundation
The Amy Gillett Foundation is a national cycling advocacy organisation championing safer cycling through:
• ‘a metre matters’ laws across Australia, to make sure drivers overtake cyclists safely;
• safer vehicles and safer speeds;
• promoting investment in cycling infrastructure;
• educating cyclists to respect and obey road laws, and
• teaching motorists how to share the road safely with cyclists, including during driver education.
Our Mission: Safe cycling in Australia
Our Vision: Zero cyclist fatalities